Baby shower invitations can be bought or made by using things at home or buy buying the basic craft items from the store. Although there are many options available in the market or online, making your own baby shower invitations adds a little charm and personal touch to the card. As a host and organiser of the baby shower, you can apply some creative ideas to make the invitations depending on the theme of the party. Here are a few tips on how you can make your own baby shower invitations:
- Theme: First decide the theme of the baby shower. It can be a seaworld theme, garden them or vintage theme and so on. Once you have theme ready, you can design your invitation cards based on this
- Materials: There are different types of craft materials available in the market which you can use to make your baby shower invitations more attractive like glitter, coloured paper, cloth, ribbons, laces etc
- Design: The design would depend on the theme of the baby shower. So for example, the a nautical theme can have a sea horse or fish whereas a vintage theme can have pictures of old dolls, tea sets and so on.
- Drawing: If you are good artist, you can draw cute pictures like butterflies, cradles, flowers, dolls, clouds on the card
- Online template: Use different online templates and designs to select the one most suitable for you to create a soft copy version of baby shower invitations.
Baby shower invitations are sent out to the well-wishers and friends of a mother who is expecting the birth of a baby or who has just had a baby and guests bring along gifts which will help her take care of the baby. There is no fixed content for filling up baby shower invitations as it varies from person to person, but a few things need to be mentioned and included in the card. These are as follows:
- Quotation or poem: The first line must be filled up with a funny or cute quote about the baby and the baby shower which will give the guest an idea of the theme of the party or other details like the gender of the baby, if there are twins or not etc
- The next line must include the name of the mother as it is very important to know whose baby shower it is and the mother is the main person in this party
- Some baby shower invitations are sent after the baby s born and so in this case fill in the name of the baby next or along with the mother
- Address the baby shower invitation to someone by giving his name and make a formal invitation to the party
- The next most important part of the invitation card is the RSPVP details. Fill out the areas which mention time, date, day, venue, special instructions and the contact details of the host so that the guests can contact the host or any questions
Baby shower invitations are sent out to the friends and family members of an expectant mother where the guests shower her with blessing and gifts. There are many options available in order to make baby shower invitations: one can use online templates, choose a design, then feed in information and get printouts or make everything from scratch. In spite of all these options, an invitation card created by one is still regarded to be the best because you put so much effort and love to it and people also appreciate the hard work. You need not be very artistic to create a baby shower invitation, neither do you need a lot of money to buy the things needed to make a card. Here are a few tips which will help one make a baby shower invitation:
- Online template or hard copy: Select your medium first and then proceed with the activity. If you select an online template, then you can go to any of the websites offering these templates, sometimes for free, and select them. Feed your information and take the print outs. If you are making a hard copy, then use craft materials.
- Theme: Most baby showers have a theme, and if even if you don’t have a theme, you must have some idea about what would bind the whole party together. Use a basic colour or common tone which will set the fundamentals of the card
- Pictures and drawings: Use craft materials like laces, buttons, ribbons or cut out pictures of dolls, bugs and babies and stick them on the card.
Whoo loves you baby shower invitations are a fond way of creating a baby shower invitation with this phrase. It does not mean anything else but an endearing way of saying that the baby is loved and is one of the popular baby shower invitation themes. In fact, in the 60s and 70s, there was actor Telly Savalas who drawled the famous lines with a lollipop in his hand “Whooo loves you baby?” Nowadays, it is mostly used as a baby shower invitation theme where motifs like owls are used because they are supposed to make a hooting sound and it is like a play on the words “whoo”. While creating a whoo loves you baby shower invitation, one can use the picture of an owl or draw one and surround it with stars, the moon and tree branches. The little owl sitting on the tree makes for a cute image and is a popular theme among baby shower invitations.
Sample whoo loves you baby shower invitations:
- Whoo loves you baby? Hoot Hoot Hoot We do!!!
Please join us as we celebrate the birth of baby Liam and hold a baby shower to welcome him and honour his mother Jessica Banners. Details of the baby shower are given below. Thanking you,
Phone number: 8239482184
Time: 6 pm
Date: January 17, 2012-01-04
Venue: Wilbur Hall, 21 Eastwood drive, Waco
- Whoo loves you baby? Mommy loves her little baby owl!
You are cordially invited to join us as we celebrate Mary Sue’s baby shower to welcome baby Aaron in this world on Friday, 6 pm.
What will it bee baby shower invitations are a fun way of writing an invitation which plays on the word be and bee. It has the image or motif of a cute bumblebee as is often used as a design on the invitation card. Bees look adorable and are often used in baby shower invitation cards. Since most parents do not know the gender of the baby, the phrase is used to wonder what will it bee.. a boy or a girl. These puns make the invitation card more fun and livelier. One can make drawings or cut pictures of bumble bees or download them from the internet and then paste them on the invitation card. That makes it look cute and vibrant.
Sample what will it bee baby shower invitations:
Please join us to honour the baby shower of Jessie Adams as we gather to celebrate the arrival of the baby boy or girl and enjoy lunch together.. Details of the baby shower are given below. Thanking you,
Phone number: 45043
Time: 6 pm
Date: January 17, 2012-01-04
Venue of the party : Arches Hall, 21 West drive, San Antonio
We are humming with excitement as we wait to welcome Esther’s baby into this world and are holding a baby shower for her to celebrate this beautiful and happy occasion. Please join us on Friday, January 8, 2012 at 6 pm at 22 Justin Hall, Grand Avenue, California.
Baby shower invitations are invitation cards which give the details of a party held in order to honour a mother expecting the birth of a child soon. There is no fixed rule for writing a baby shower invitation but a few things should be included in it. First and foremost, give the name of the mother as she is the star of the party and all the guests will be showering her with blessings and gifts. Next include any theme if you have selected any, so that guests can know if there is a dress code or any other instructions. Special instructions would also include mentioning if it is a potluck party, a picnic, an outdoor thing like a barbeque or in a restaurant etc so that guests can prepare themselves. Besides that the host can begin the invite by adding a poem, limerick or quotation to make the invitation livelier. Last but not the least, give accurate and clear details of the time, date, venue of the baby shower.
Sample what to include in baby shower invitations:
Please join us for lunch to celebrate the baby shower of Megan to be held at Ginger Hall on Sunday at 1 pm.
I would like to invite you to celebrate Rachel’s baby shower to be held this Saturday at our home in 19th Street at 11 am. We are having a sea theme for the baby shower and you can wear a costume if you want!
Baby shower invitations are sent to the friends and family of the expectant mother to celebrate the arrival of the baby. The content of the baby shower depends on the theme and level of formality you have with the guests. However, there are some things which must be included in a baby shower invitation. Like any invitation card, a baby shower invitation must have the basic information needed to be given in an invite. The name of the mother is important which will let the recipient know whose baby shower it is. This must be followed by a formal invitation made by the host, who can also add the theme of the party or any other special instructions at this stage. Last but not the least, all the details of the venue, date and time must be mentioned clearly along with the phone number of the host so that guests can contact him/her for any questions.
Sample what to write on baby shower invitations
- They’re expecting a baby, a new bundle of joy
A very special gift, be it a girl or a boy!
Please join us to celebrate Martha’s baby shower to be held on Saturday, January 10, 2012 at 6 pm at Gloria’s Restaurant, Anne Harbour, Seattle.
- Bibs and bows, and our love overflows!
Join us as we honour Melanie and her baby girl Sammy on June 9, 2012 at 11 o’clock at Christie’s Grill and Restaurant, Seaworld Boulevard, Orlando, Florida.
Phone number: 9839483209
A baby shower invitation can be bought or made by hand. No matter how you plan to prepare your baby shower invitations, you will need to buy a few things or everything for the cards. There are many inexpensive options available in the regular stationery store or online where you can buy materials to decorate your baby shower invites. Here are some tips which will guide you on where to buy the kind of the invites you want for the occasion:
- Stationery shops: Any good stationery store or hobby stores have good quality paper or postcard paper which can be used to make your baby shower invitations to get that professional and sleek look
- Websites: There are many websites from where you can buy a design template for a nominal amount, some even offer them for free, where after buying the templates all you need to do is put in your information in the designs and your baby shower invitations are ready.
- Companies: There are many companies which specialise in creating beautiful invitations cards and if you want a professional touch, you can order a select number of customise cards from these companies after selecting the design. Search for these companies in your local yellow pages or over the internet
- Online firms: There are many companies which work online and all you need to do is contact them and they will ask you to select the design, provide the information and then the website will send you the printed versions of your invitations and charges will depend on the type of design you choose
A baby shower invitation is used to invite the well-wishers of the expectant mother who shower her with gifts and good wishes at the baby shower. Although nowadays we have email where invitations are sent in a jiffy, traditionally baby shower invitations are sent by mail to the respective addresses. Regular mail takes some time to reach the guests and hence it is advisable to send these invites at least a month in advance and that way give the guests some time to respond too. Invitations may get lost in mail too, so in case you do not get any response, you have time to send them again. A few points can be kept in mind when mailing baby shower invitations:
- The place where you are organising the baby shower is crucial in determining when to mail the invitations. Guests who stay out of town must be informed in advance, at least 3 weeks before the event, so that they can make arrangements to come to the baby shower.
- Most baby showers have the tradition of bringing gifts for the mother. Thus it is advisable to mail the invitations 2-3 weeks in advance so that guests can bring gifts for the baby and the mother and this time period will be enough for them to buy gifts and come to the party.
- For people living in the same town, send the invitations at least 3 weeks in advance but no later than that so that they can plan their schedule accordingly and get the gifts as well.