Baby shower is a fun-filled celebratory occasion, where friends and family come together to offer their support and best wishes for the expecting parents. Invitation cards of the shower also play an important role in setting the tone of the party.
Besides including party details, you can use your creativity, to make the invitations more exciting. Here are some instructions on how to write a baby shower invitation card. You should choose the words, which express how you are planning to celebrate the event.
- Select a theme for the baby shower party, which will be helpful for choosing the wording. A peculiar, fanciful theme requires very creative use of words, whereas a traditional shower requires simple wording which is to the point.
- The greeting that you write should convey what is the invitation about, to your guests. You can keep it simple such as “You are invited to a baby shower for Lily Evans!”
- Specify the details of the party, including the date, time and venue. You can list this information in any order that you like.
- Provide your contact details such as telephone number and email for your guests to RSVP. You may also specify the date by which the guests need to respond, which will help you in the arrangement of food. The RSVP information can be used by the invitees for any queries regarding the party.
- You can add information about where the mom-to-be is registered for the gifts. Theme of the party, if any, should also be mentioned; as some guests may purchase presents, according to the theme.
- If you are planning on a dress code, inform the same to your guests; be it formal or casual.
- Include directions to the location of the party. You can get direction cards separately printed and affix them to the invitations, using paper clips. You can find paper clips in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors and you can choose the one which matches the invitation card.